Our European Birch Plywood is a high-quality construction and decorative material with high durability and moisture resistance, capable of maintaining its high performance characteristics under conditions of high humidity without deformation.
Our European Birch is versatile plus the added economic and aesthetic benefits. Birch retains its light colour and beautiful markings years after installation. With a clean clear face it can be finished either clear or stained to your requirements. In Australia, European Birch is successfully being used in many applications.
Our Birch Plywood’s multiple plies (Multiply) give an attractive edge effect when used in decorative or semi-exposed applications. It can be used in both interior and exterior applications. Our exterior Birch Plywood is not designed for use in construction as a structural panels. However, we can supply structural grade Birch Plywood if required.
Due to the near absence of defects, Birch plywood has an attractive side profile, making it an excellent material for furniture, feature walls, audio studios and various joinery projects. Designers, architects and craftsmen even design their projects so that Birch plywood’s beautiful layers are visible as a decorative feature of natural wood.
Our Birch Plywood is very versatile and can be used for a wide range of applications including:
- Panelling (Walls and Ceilings)
- Reception Desks/Counters
- Bench Tops
- General Shopfitting (Offices, Cafes Restaurants etc.)
Key benefits of our Birch plywood include a surface free of gaps and other defects for excellent impact resistance; a very smooth working surface; great screw holding power, making it useful for applications where exceptional strength and durability are required. The grain may run in either direction on the face of the sheet. In summary, the key benefits include:
- Higher water-resistance
- Exceptional durability and resistance to wear
- Hard surface
- Resistance to temperature variation: -40 to +50°C
- Comes in a variety of thicknesses and sizes
- Density, kg/m3, 640-700
- Exterior E1 (European Classification)
- B/BB (Suitable for Decorative applications)
- BB/BB (Suitable for laminating or veneering)
- 6, 9, 12,15,18, 24 and 30mm (B/BB Grade)
- 12, 15, 18, 24, 30 (BB/BB Grade)
- 2440х1220mm (8х4 ft)
- 1500/1525х3000/3050mm (5х10ft) (Cross Grained Plywood which is only supplied on request)
- PEFC and FSC certified panels are available.
- As a minimum, all our wood products come from third party certified legal sources.